Israel's ambassador to the UN Ron Prosor on Thursday asked UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, the Security Council, and the international community to censure rocket attacks on Israel from Gaza.
- "The constant rain of rockets on our cities dramatically alters daily life....No people should have to live under such a specter of terror."
- "Israel holds the Hamas terrorist organization fully responsible for all attacks emanating from Gaza, where it remains in de facto control. The rockets that continue to fly out of the area illustrate a basic truth: the Palestinian Authority has absolutely zero authority in the Gaza Strip. While President Abbas continues his unilateral march for state recognition at the United Nations, the Palestinians are far from meeting the basic criteria for statehood, particularly the test of effective control."
- "With the roar of rockets echoing from the Gaza Strip, silence from the Palestinian Authority is unacceptable. Israel is still waiting to hear President Abbas clearly condemn Hamas for the terror that continues to flow from Gaza."
- "The terrorist rockets in Gaza are traveling further - and their warheads are getting larger. This is a direct result of the continuous smuggling of advanced weapons from Iran and others into the Gaza Strip. Preventing this illegal activity is an integral part of Security Council Resolution 1860, but it receives hardly any attention from the international community."
- "The rocket fire emanating from Gaza represents a flagrant violation of international law....Israel expects the Security Council, the Secretary-General, and the international community to condemn all of these attacks immediately and unequivocally."
"Israel cannot and will not rely on good luck to protect its citizens. Israel has exercised and will continue to exercise its right to self-defense, as appropriate, and will take all necessary measures to protect its citizens."
Bottom portion originally posted by Israel Alert.