(Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu - Prime Minister's Office)
- Our enemies tried to bury the Jewish future, but it was reborn in the land of our forefathers. On this day, when our entire nation gathers together to remember the horrors of the Holocaust and the six million Jews who were murdered, we must fulfill our most sacred obligation.
- This obligation is not merely just to remember the past. It is an obligation to learn its lessons, and, most importantly, to apply them to the present in order to secure the future of our people. This is especially true for this generation - one that is faced with calls to annihilate the Jewish state.
- Today, the regime in Iran openly calls for our destruction. And it is feverishly working to develop atomic weapons to achieve that goal.
- There are those who prefer that we not speak of a nuclear Iran as an existential threat. But those who dismiss Iran's threats as exaggerated have learned nothing from the Holocaust.
- To cower from speaking the uncomfortable truth - that today, like then, there are those who want to destroy millions of Jewish people - is to belittle the Holocaust and ignore its lessons.
- The truth is that a nuclear-armed Iran is an existential threat to the State of Israel and a grave threat to world peace. The truth is that Iran must be stopped from obtaining nuclear weapons.
A unique way to support Israel is with education and telling others that we need to support peace in the Middle East! www.rebirthofisrael.com