Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told the AIPAC Policy Conference on Monday:
- "We are determined to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons; we leave all options on the table; and containment is definitely not an option. The Jewish state will not allow those who seek our destruction to possess the means to achieve that goal. A nuclear armed Iran must be stopped."
- "Some are prepared to accept...a world in which the Ayatollahs have atomic bombs. Sure, they say, Iran is cruel, but it's not crazy. It's detestable but it's deterrable. My friends, responsible leaders should not bet the security of their countries on the belief that the world's most dangerous regimes won't use the world's most dangerous weapons."
- "From the beginning, the Ayatollah regime has broken every international rule and flouted every norm. It has seized embassies, targeted diplomats. It sends its own children through mine fields; it hangs gays and stones women; it supports Assad's brutal slaughter of the Syrian people; it is the world's foremost sponsor of terrorism."
- "This is how Iran behaves today, without nuclear weapons. Think of how they will behave tomorrow, with nuclear weapons....There's been plenty of talk recently about the costs of stopping Iran. I think it's time we started talking about the costs of not stopping Iran."
- "For the last decade, the international community has tried diplomacy. It hasn't worked. For six years, the international community has applied sanctions. That hasn't worked either....None of us can afford to wait much longer. As Prime Minister of Israel, I will never let my people live in the shadow of annihilation."